BMI Bishops Wood Hospital is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- To communicate effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge of NMC Professional Codes and an awareness of Hospital Policies
- Evidence of competency in area of practice
- Motivated to learn new skills and develop self
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Counselling skills
- Valid NMC Registration
- Registered Nurse Level 1 or 2
- Evidence of professional development within scope of PREPP
- ENB 237 or appropriate oncology/Chemotherapy related qualifications desireable
- Venepuncture and cannulation skills preferable
Duties of this role include:
- To demonstrate a consistently high standard of nursing care
- To administer chemotherapy medications as prescribed by a Consultant Oncologist and monitor and report the effects on the patient.
- To work as part of the ward nursing team supporting the Ward Team, Ward Sisters and Manager in terms of clinical, general, management and quality standards
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the nursing team
- Act as a role model for other members of staff
- To assist in developing and monitoring clinical practice
- To develop knowledge of nursing practice relevant to clinical area
- Assess, implement and evaluate nursing care with an evidence based approach, providing a high standard of clinical and customer care to all patients
- To accept responsibility and be professionally accountable for co-ordinating total nursing care for designated patients
- Demonstrate a consistently high standard of nursing care, developing care standards and monitoring their effectiveness
- To work as part of the ward team supporting the Team, Ward Sisters and Manager in terms of clinical, general, management and quality standards
- Promote a patient centred style of clinical practice, maintaining accurate and legible records of patient care
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.