Registered Nurse (Bank)
- Job Type
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Bishops Wood Hospital has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse (Bank) to join their team of staff.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence. Shifts will cover days, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered nurse with current NMC Registration
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Hospital or outpatient department experience desirable
- Full driving license desirable as there is a requirement to work across a number of BMI clinic sites
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix
- Phlebotomy competency (desirable)
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course (desirable)
- ILS (desirable)
- Cannulation competencies (desirable)
- Minor procedure experience (desirable)
- ECGs, lung function, Audiology, 24 hour ECG tapes/BP monitors (desirable)
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and possess a good level of computer skills.
Duties of this role include:
- To assess and deliver quality planned treatment and care for patients during their out patient stay.
- To ensure that all queries patients have will be answered effectively with the aim of empowering patients to actively participate in their plan of care.
- To liaise with Consultants, Medical Secretaries and Bookings to ensure effective communication regarding the patient treatment pathway.
- Assist in the planning of patient care for out patients and the delivery of an efficient nursing service.
- Contribute to quality of improvement.
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from senior team members within your scope of practice.
- To lead a shift as the RGN on duty.
- To provide support and guidance to the healthcare assistants and new members of the team
- To ensure that the hospital / departmental operational policies are maintained and complied with advising senior staff of any amendments considered desirable
- To ensure that all the Health & Safety / COI, Security Information policies and procedures are read understood and complied with as far as reasonably practicable
- To exercise economy in the use of drugs, dressings and equipment providing a safe and cost effective service
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.