Registered Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Chaucer Hospital in Canterbury has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff on a bank basis in the Nursing department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria
- RN / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies
- Post registration clinical course if appropriate
- Up- to-date knowledge and ability to work within local & national guidelines i.e. Role NMC code of practice etc.
- Aware of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Basic ward management.
- Demonstrate competence in an acute hospital setting.
Duties of this role include:
- To plan and implement nursing care of individual patients.
- To take charge of the ward as and when required.
- To provide support and guidance for junior members of the staff.
- To ensure that the ward operational polices are maintained and complied with, to advise senior staff of any amendments considered desirable.
- To participate in a programme of Quality Assurance as directed by senior staff.
- To ensure that all Health & Safety policies and procedures are read, understood and complied with as far as reasonably practicable.
- To assist in the setting and maintaining of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audits.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.