Sister / Charge Nurse - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
BMI St Edmunds Hospital in Bury St Edmunds is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Sister / Charge Nurse - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract to join their team of staff in the Ward department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. This to up to a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract to cover Maternity leave.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Experienced in acute nursing care.
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Recruitment and selection skills.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Experience working in an acute healthcare sector in a Senior Registered Nurse post or equivalent.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Knowledge of HR management and strong Man Management Skills desirable.
- Previous experience within a Ward Managerial role desirable.
Duties of this role include:
- Responsible for day to day management of the Hospital Ward, and its staff. Providing clinical leadership in an effective and efficient management of ward resources, driving clinical excellence in all aspect of care received by patients. Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users. Responsible for leading and supporting the nursing team to meet all aspects of the clinical governance agenda.
- Lead the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Lead the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the NMC Code of professional Conduct.
- Maintenance of professional, cost-effective nursing service including financial management and business planning.
- Achievement of labour management target, nursing costs KPI and weekly completion of staff utilisation spreadsheets.
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- To ensure the correct provision of individualised patient care is met.
- To deal with any verbal or written complaints in a timely manner, taking action as required addressing any deficiencies highlighted.
- Effective interaction with consultants, patients and relatives in a sensitively manner.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.