BMI Blackheath Hospital in London is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant - Endoscopy to join their team of staff in the Endopscopy department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Basic and advanced Competence in Endoscopy Decontamination
- NVQ LEVEL 3
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- I.T. Skills
- Basic Life Support
- Endoscopy experience Desirable
- Private Healthcare experience
Duties of this role include:
- Actively assist in the organisation of care provision within the Endoscopy Unit.
- Provide quality planned preparation of the endoscopes prior- during- and after endoscopy lists.
- Provide safe high quality scope preparation
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Prepare endoscopes on a continuing and high quality decontamination bases to ensure smooth running of the endoscopy lists for the main endoscopy room and theatre
- Ensure all scopes are tested on return to dirty utility and send for repair appropriately if needed
- Implement best practice standards (HTM 01 – 06, Royal College guidelines, GRS, JAG, etc.) in endoscopy service delivery
- Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Develop and support business initiatives, polices and strategies which improve the service delivered to all our customers.
- Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.