Registered Nurse - Outpatients - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
BMI Clementine Churchill in Harrow is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse – Outpatients (6 month Fixed Term Contract) to join their team of staff in the Orthopaedics department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
This position is available on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RN – Current registration
- ENB 998 or equivalent desirable
- Knowledge of NMC codes of practice and their implication for practice.
- Able to assess, plan, implement & evaluate care.
- Up to date knowledge of current clinical and professional issues.
- Motivated to learn new skills and develop self
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to maintain clear and legible documentation
- Post registration experience
- Experience essential in similar setting (within an acute setting)
- Wound care experience
- Phototherapy skills desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To provide a professional and efficient Nursing service to all our clients; ensuring the provision of the highest standards of care and services in keeping with the philosophies of the hospital and department, NMC Code of Conduct and hospital’s policies and protocols
- To accept responsibility and be professionally accountable for nursing care in Consulting rooms or designated clinics
- Demonstrate a consistently high standard of nursing care, developing care standards and monitoring their effectiveness
- Promote a patient centered style of clinical practice, maintaining accurate and legible records of patient care
- Ensure the storage and administration of drugs is conducted with adherence to hospital policies
- Ensure that suitable standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained.
- Provide a positive role model, which will enhance the nursing team’s reputation
- Keep abreast of advances in nursing practice and keep clinical skills updated accordingly
- Demonstrate awareness of legislation regarding client group e.g. child protection, vulnerable adults, mental health issues and act appropriately when required.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.