BMI Cavell Hospital in Enfield is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse – Ward to join their team of staff in the Surgical Wards.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RGN – solid recent experience of working on an acute surgical ward
- Good communication skills
- IV therapy (desirable)
- Health and safety awareness
- Planning, implementing and evaluating care
Duties of this role include:
- To work as part of a team of qualified nurses, healthcare assistants and clerical staff.
- To be responsible for the assessment of care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for a defined group of patients.
- To work without supervision.
- To ensure that high standards of paediatric and adult patient care are maintained at all times in accordance with hospital and national guidelines.
- To work within a designated team reporting to the Ward Manager.
- To be responsible under the guidance of the Ward Manager for a defined group of medical or surgical patients to include those undergoing general surgical, gynaecological, orthopaedic, urological, ENT, ophthalmic, procedures.
- To comply with BMI and hospital local policies and procedures.
- To assist with the orientation and training of new and junior members of staff.
- To maintain effective communication with other departments.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.