Registered Nurse - Pre-Assessment
BMI Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Nursing department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern including earlies, lates and some Saturdays
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Valid NMC PIN
- Degree from a recognised university
- Excellent skills and knowledge
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to manage own caseload and work with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with NICE guidance on clinical pre-assessment
- Pre-assessment experience
- Recent ward based clinical experience
Duties of this role include:
- The Pre-Assessment Nurse is responsible for ensuring that patients attending the hospital for pre-assessments receive a comprehensive and quality service. The purpose of these assessments is to recognise and deal with issues/possible complications that could adversely affect the planned surgery and to ensure patients are in optimum health when they are admitted for their operations
- To work alongside the other pre-assessment staff to ensure all patients having planned surgery are assessed to ensure they are in optimum health and prepared for surgery in line with nationally agreed and company standards.
- To assess patients through a variety of methods; over the telephone, from face to face interviews and through health check questionnaires, which the patient completes and returns to the hospital.
- To be responsible for liaising with Admissions and other clinical departments any issues identified at pre-assessment in order to ensure the patient’s admission to hospital is well organised.
- To liaise with medical secretaries and other colleagues to ensure patients receive comprehensive and helpful information regarding their hospital admission for surgery.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.