BMI St Edmunds Hospital in Bury St Edmunds is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a PART time role for 30 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC registration
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills desirable
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course desirable
- ILS desirable
- Administration of Intravenous Additives desirable
- Acute care experience preferred
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their stay
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Ward.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care and the delivery of an efficient nursing service
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from senior team members within your scope of practice.
- To periodically deputise for the team leader in his/her absence.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.