BMI Hendon (Brent Community Ophthalmology Service) is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff in the Ophthalmology department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
This post will be based across 3 sites. 2 community sites in Brent at Sudbury and Willesden and Hendon hospital.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week Rota shifts Mon-Sat depending on the needs of the servcie; 8.00-17.00; 12.00 - 20.00; alternate weekends
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 desirable.
- Previous experience in healthcare
- Previous experience or training within Ophthalmology desirable
- Interpersonal skills.
- Good Team worker.
- Punctual and reliable
- Flexible and adaptable
Preferably experience within a care role or an ophthalmology / opticians environment. Training will be provided on the specific diagnostic equipment being used.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide support to Health Professionals, in particular Clinical Lead Nurse and Ophthalmic Consultants by performing tasks that facilitates healthcare professionals to fulfil their role.
- To contribute to effective working relations with colleagues, patients and hospital users.
- To work within both the clinical and admin team to give a high standard of patient centred care.
- To contribute to the operational development of Brent Community Ophthalmology Service
- Deliver a high standard of care in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Work with trained staff to coordinate care provision for their patients – hygiene, mobilizing.
- Monitor stock levels and replenish as required, and assist with charging procedures.
- Use appropriate equipment for safe lifting and handling.
- Share responsibility for tidying and cleaning of treatment and nurse station areas, bathrooms, sluice, equipment and patients’ rooms.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.