Clinical Services Manager - Nursing
BMI Sloane Hospital is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager to join their team of staff in the Surgical Ward.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered practitioner with NMC
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead a department.
- A degree of financial awareness with an appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus.
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission.
- Previous experience as a senior nurse or equivalent.
- Up to date knowledge and experience of working in acute medicine/surgery.
- Effective management of staff capability and conduct.
- Management qualification
- Experience of working in the Independent Sector.
- Post registration clinical course
Duties of this role include:
- To work clinically and act as a role model to the clinical team.
- To provide leadership and effective management to the nursing service of the wards, HDU and Pre-Assessment – ensuring that the highest standards of clinical quality management are maintained.
- To lead the development of nursing practice, clinical standards, quality initiatives and audit based clinical practice.
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- To assist the Director of Clinical Services in delivering the Hospitals strategic objectives for the ward and nursing service generally.
- To be responsible for the nursing budget and manage the ward KPI ensuring appropriate skill mix.
- To deputize for the Director of Clinical Services in their absence.
- To be an effective role model and leader, motivating staff and setting the tone for a positive ward culture and delivery of high standards of care.
- Monitor and assist in the delivery of patient care.
- Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- To work in accordance with the NMC code of conduct. Apply and ensure others apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs
- Undertake departmental HR activities
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.