Registered Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Mount Alvernia has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse (Bank) to join their team of staff.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RGN or post EN conversion course
- Post registration clinical course (desirable)
- Up to date knowledge in acute medicine / surgery
- Aware of NMC code of accountability
- Surgical ward management
- Proven experience in an acute hospital
- Preferred HDU experience
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies as a skilled member of the ward nursing team
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors
- To assist Senior Staff in their management of the hospital's wards and to provide effective leadership and management in their absence
- To plan and implement nursing care of individual patients
- To take charge of the ward in absence of Ward Manager and other senior nursing staff
- To provide support and guidance for junior staff members
- To ensure that ward operational policies are maintained and complied with; to advise senior staff of any amendments considered desirable
- To participate in a programme of Quality Assurance as directed by staff
- To ensure that all Health and Safety policies and other relevant legislation procedures are read, understood and complied with as far as is reasonably practicable
- To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audits
- To act as a resource for all bank and agency staff as necessary and ensure full understanding of Health & Safety requirements
- To assist in other wards or departments as required by the Ward Manager & Director of Clinical Services
- To exercise economy in the use of drugs, dressings and equipment, providing a safe and cost effective service
- To conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the NMC “Code of Professional Conduct”
- To work within the principles and framework provided by the NMC “Scope of Professional Practice”
- To actively participate in clinical teaching in the ward area under the direction of senior staff
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.