Senior Registered Nurse
BMI Edgbaston Hospital - Birmingham is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a Part-time role for 30 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered general nurse level 1/ Diploma / BSc in Nursing studies.
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent).
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards.
- Basic workload / shift management skills.
- Understanding of workload and shift management.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- 18 months post registration experience.
- Experience working within a team model of nursing.
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures. Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users. To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all Patients, Employees and Consultants acting as an advocate to more junior members of the team. Where appropriate to deputise for the Sister/ Charge Nurse and the lead on clinical shifts.
- To ensure the provision of individualised patient care, providing excellent standards of individual care.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- To provide safe and effective care to allocated cohorts of patients up to the age of 18 years without direct supervision.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Identify, plan, implement and evaluate the care and services offered to our patients seeing through effective systems of documentation, quality standards, and resource management and allocation.
- To take charge of the clinical area as required, ensuring effective operational management of clinical area on a 24 hour basis.
- Be an advocate for change, looking for ways to improve the value and effectiveness of care and services delivered.
- Encouraging evidenced based clinical practice.
- Actively participate in customer satisfaction surveys and satisfaction action plans, leading by example to junior members of the team.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.