Registered Nurse - Outpatients (Bank)
- Job Type
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Three Shires has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse - Outpatients (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Outpatients department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered General Nurse
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organisational and planning abilities
- Able to demonstrate clinical credibility with healthcare professionals.
- One year post registration experience
- Previous experience working in an Out Patient area or equivalent (desirable).
- Venepunture skills or desire to undertake training
- Minor Procedure skills or desire to undertake training
Duties of this role include:
- To provide an efficient outpatient nursing service within BMI Three Shires Hospital
- To offer a comprehensive nursing service to the patients and Consultants who are using the outpatient facilities in the hospital.
- To perform nursing duties as requested e.g. dressings, suture removal, chaperoning, venepuncture, minor procedures and patient pre assessments.
- To communicate effectively all information relating to patient care to colleagues, consultants and staff working in other departments.
- To have a flexible approach to meet the changing needs of health care within the department and the hospital.
- To comply with the hospital’s policies and procedures and to be involved in their review, as required.
- To be involved in developing the Out Patient Service.
- To ensure accurate completion of all nursing documentation, charge forms and departmental documentation.
- To assist in the control and requisition of consumable products, ensuring an efficient use of supplies.
- To assist with the monitoring and maintenance of equipment used in the Out Patient area.
- To report to the Out Patient Manager / Director of Nursing any unusual occurrences and incidents.
- To be involved in the development of departmental services.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.