Senior Registered Nurse
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Chelsfield Park Hospital has a vacancy for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Bariatric Surgery department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Fully qualified nurse with NMC Registration.
- Abide by the NMC Code of Conduct and Company/Hospital policies and procedures preserving the patient's dignity and right to confidentiality.
- Diplomatic and skilled in dealing with Consultants, customers and colleagues.
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills.
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Highly motivated with evidence of continued professional development.
- Knowledge of Care Quality Commission standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in an acute hospital setting in a Senior Staff Nurse post or equivalent.
- Excellent people management skills
Duties of this role include:
- To assist the Charge Nurse/Ward Manager in delivering the Hospitals strategic objectives for the ward and nursing service generally
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the nursing team
- To manage the delivery of nursing care as nurse in charge of the ward in the absence of the Ward Manager
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors
- Act as a role model for the ward team to encourage achievement of the highest clinical quality standards; and in accordance with Best Practice
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of your CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
*Please note successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS / PVG Check prior to employment.