BMI Hendon Hospital in Hendon is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Ophthalmology department.
This position is based at Hendon hospital satellite sites Sudbury Primary Care Centre and Willesden Centre for Health and Care.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. This is on a rota basis including shifts Mon-Sat between 8am-8pm.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Proactive and driven to succeed
- Creative, innovative and versatile; able to see the broader picture
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Good financial awareness and control
- A positive approach to the process of change is required.
- Professional /clinical knowledge acquired through training and development and evidence of continued professional development
- Demonstrates high quality patient focused care.
- Demonstrates coaching skills to develop junior staff.
- To have a working knowledge of CQC. To have an understanding of the standards required and the powers afforded to them.
Duties of this role include:
- The post holder works as an autonomous practitioner providing care for patients accessing the Community Ophthalmic Service, using specialist knowledge and skills.
- The post holder will be expected to ensure the provision of high quality patient focused in partnership with the Ophthalmic Clinicians.
- The post holder will provide support, and act as a resource to staff of all levels, and develops nursing practice in the delivery of care to ophthalmic patients, through innovative strategies.
- To take an active role in the development of ophthalmic treatment in the Community and work closely with clinicians as appropriate.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.