Advanced Nurse Practitioner
BMI Mount Alvernia is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for anm Advanced Nurse Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Urgent Care Department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Degree in advanced practice or equivalent (to include research an evidence to inform practice, clinical leadership, work-based learning, clinical history taking and examination skills, pathophysiology, investigations and immediate management, non-medical prescribing)
- Strong post registration experience
- Good experience of working as a practitioner in a primary care environment, Emergency Department, Urgent Care Centre, MAU/EAU or other first contact setting, evidence of excellent assessment skills
- Advance clinical assessment skills including history taking/clinical examination
- Use of expert knowledge and clinical judgement to identify the potential diagnosis
- Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates advanced problem solving and decision making skills supported by the use of evidence based and/or best practice
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of medical nursing is desirable
- Some experience or knowledge of Arterial Blood Gas Analysis, Interpretation of Blood results and ECG monitoring/ -interpretation, CPAP, Non Invasive Ventilation (NIV) , central lines and TPN is desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To be responsible for the assessment of health and clinical needs of the patient.
- To undertake consultations with patients as an autonomous practitioner using advanced clinical practice skills, own clinical judgement to diagnose, treat, refer or discharge patients.
- To provide a high standard of patient care under the direction of the UCC Manager, - Sister/Charge Nurse and to supervise junior members of staff
- To be accountable for co-ordinating patient care and the management of delegated areas
- Participates in all aspects of medical practice including the assessment, discharge planning and interventional care of patients
- To work according to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and other professional bodies e.g. Care Quality Commission and AIHO
- Assist in the delivery of patient care and ensure that treatments prescribed by the medical staff are carried out, and that multidisciplinary team members are informed of changes in the patient’s condition
- To start on/ treat all medical patients in concordance with the medical patient’s pathway ensuring accurate and timely notation of all multidisciplinary team members in the pathway document.
- To review and assess all urgent care patients in accordance with the urgent care pathway and urgent care operational policy
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.