Registered Nurse - Outpatients
BMI Syon Clinic in Brentford is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse - Outpatients to join their team of staff in the Outpatients department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC registration
- Post graduate experience
- Teaching and assessing qualification e.g. ENB 998 (or equivalent)
- Specialist knowledge to a level defined for that clinic (see separate level guide sheet)
- A defined amount of time working in IPC as defined by BMI guide for the level required at that hospital
- Able to apply specialist knowledge to risk assessment and support appropriate controls
- Ability to provide leadership and development of all disciplines of staff
- Ability to work across disciplines
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Motivational skills
- Presentation skills
- Experience in dealing with staff regarding clinical issues
- Ability to manage difficult and complex situations
- Ability to provide or/and support staff in feedback of microbiological results
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of customer care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the department team.
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all customers, employees and visitors.
- To assist Senior Staff in their management of the department and to provide effective leadership and management in their absence.
- To ensure Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) is addressed in all areas of the clinic and reflected throughout all activity related to healthcare provision.
- To ensure infection prevention is taken into account in all new business, new build and refurbishment.
- To ensure compliance to the HCAI code (DH 2010) for CQC requirements in England and equivalent for hospitals in Scotland and Wales.
- Assist in the management and delivery of patient care and the delivery of an efficient nursing service
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from senior team members within your scope of practice.
- To deputise for the person responsible for the day to day management in his/her absence.
- To be a core member of the clinic IPC committee (HIPCC).
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.