BMI Mount Alvernia in Surrey is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- R.N. / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies..
- Knowledge of Cancer Nursing.
- Adherence to all NMC guidance documents.
- Phlebotomy skills.
- Cannulation skills.
- Current experience of intravenous drug administration.
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with the agreed operational policies as a skilled member of the suite nursing team.
- To promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- To assist with care of cancer patient and provide resource for other members of multi disciplinary team.
- To undertake chemotherapy administration module at local university
- To plan and implement nursing care of individual patients.
- To provide support and guidance for patients within the team.
- To ensure that the department operational policies are maintained and complied with, to advise senior staff of any amendments considered desirable.
- To participate in a program of Quality Assurance as directed by senior staff.
- To ensure that all Health & Safety policies and procedures are read, understood and complied with as far as reasonably practicable.
- To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audits.
- To act as a resource for all bank and agency staff as necessary and ensure full understanding of Health & Safety requirements.
- To assist in other departments as required.
- To exercise economy in the use of drugs, dressings and other equipment, providing a safe and cost effective service.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.