Specialist Nurse - Spinal
BMI Clementine Churchill Hospital is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Specialist Nurse - Spinal to join their team of staff in the Surgical department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
07:00-19:30 - Monday-Saturday as rostered.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Valid NMC Registration
- Teaching and assessing (ENB 998) or equivalent.
- Understanding of NMC Code of professional conduct
- PG Diploma or MSc Orthopaedic/Surgical Care Practice
- Knowledge of malignant disease
- Extended nurse skills: Phlebotomy, Cannulation, Teaching
- Awareness of financial aspects of day to day department management
- Highly developed communication, organisational and influencing skills
- Leadership and management experience
- Audit skills
- Knowledge of customer care and Quality Assurance tools
- Previous acute spinal experience
- Previous as a Senior Nurse
- Experience of working in a small team
- Working knowledge of the independent sector preferred, but not essential
Duties of this role include:
- As a Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will be responsible for the provision of specialist services for patients undergoing spinal and orthopaedic procedures both inpatient and outpatients. In addition, you will undertake pre and post-operative assessment and care for orthopaedic and spinal patients.
- Provide specialist nurse services for patients undergoing Orthopaedics / Spinal procedures, both inpatients and outpatients.
- Liaise with the Theatre management team in the booking and organisation of surgical procedures.
- Undertake preoperative assessment of patients, assisting surgeons with preoperative preparation of patients for surgery, organising diagnostic tests.
- Set up a database which details the surgical treatment plan, clinical results, post-surgery treatment and to support in completing.
- Organise and attend MDT’s and participate in presentations and conferences promoting hospital business as requested.
- Support nursing staff to develop their knowledge and skills in orthopaedics.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.