Registered Nurse - UCC (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Chrurchill has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Urgent Care Center.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered with NMC at level 1
- Accident & Emergency trained (grade 5/6)
- Worked in an acute emergency care setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants balanced with skill to act as patient advocate.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Knowledge of Care Quality Commission standards
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course
- ILS and/or ALS desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To be responsible for assessing urgent care needs, planning, delivery and evaluation quality care to patients attending the Urgent Care Centre (UCC).
- To provide specialist nursing care and support to patients in the Urgent Care Centre
- Act as a role model for his/her colleagues to encourage achievement of the highest clinical quality standards;
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the nursing team;
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors;
- To assist the UCC Manager/Lead in delivering the Hospitals strategic objectives for the unit and nursing service generally.
- To conduct initial nursing assessment and to recognise the need for prioritisation where needs exist
- To have efficient knowledge and be able to identify signs of cardiac/respiratory arrest, and respond to immediate basic life support where need exists.
- Taking the initiative to report any concerns where deterioration of patient’s clinical condition has been observed to senior nurses or UCC doctors.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.