Registered Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Somerfield Hospital in Maidstone has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse (Bank) join their team of staff in the Somerfield Hospital In the Outpatients Department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Shift patterns 08:00-20:30. Any hours in between. Monday – Friday no weekends
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse.
- Good verbal/written skills.
- Knowledge of Company/Hospital Policies and Procedures.
- Previous Outpatient experience desirable.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide support to the Outpatient Sister/Manager.
- To provide an efficient and effective Consulting suite service to all customer groups.
- To demonstrate a consistently high standard of research based nursing care, responding to the individual needs of patients.
- To act as a role model for other members of staff and promote the hospital at all times.
- Maintain excellent standards of care and professional behaviour preserving the confidence and dignity of patients.
- Carry out duties in keeping with scope of professional practice.
- Participate in the organising and smooth running of all clinics.
- Take responsibility for the administration, care and custody of medicines.
- Communicate clearly using the written and spoken word.
- To inform Line Manager of any untoward incidents, accidents, complaints or problems.
- To ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of the department and equipment.
- To help maintain and order supplies.
- Assist with clerical duties as directed by Line Manager, including answering the telephone and making appointments.
- To participate in induction of new staff members, both bank and permanent.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.