Oncology Sister/Charge Nurse
About Bupa Cromwell Hospital
Located in the heart of Kensington, Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an international hospital committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We are the preferred health care provider for leading consultants, complex patients, international and local patients alike. We deliver an unparalleled patient experience, tailored to cultural needs and are continuously improving best practice.
About the Department
Our oncology services include a 29 bedded ward and 7 bed day unit and provides an excellent environment for patients, families and staff. Our nursing team takes a multidisplinary approach to provide patient and family focused care, in an environment that supports lifelong learning and opportunities for professional development.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an experienced individual who is passionate about delivering excellence in nursing care. If you are an excellent team leader and role model, who can bring us a track record of growing and developing teams, as well as supporting change, we are interested in hearing from you. You will need:
- Mentorship course
- Chemotherapy certified
- Proven experience in a similar position
- Excellent team leader and role model
About the role
This role incorporates both clinical expertise and leadership, working in partnership with the lead nurse and multi disciplinary team, ensuring professionalism and a focus on high standards of patient care at all times. You will provide day to day management of the ward in an environment that supports lifelong learning and opportunities for professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake clinical duties in any area that is reasonably requested ensuring that you practice within your professional competencies and abilities
- Ensure that care is family centred, sensitive and responsive to the needs of the patients and their families.
- Assist the Lead Nurse with operational requirements in the delivery of a consistent, safe service in all aspects of the patient journey whilst instilling a culture of customer service throughout the nursing team.
- Act as a clinical resource and expert in assisting the Lead Nurse and Directorate Manager, in the commissioning of new services.
- Work collaboratively with the nurse educator to ensure a supportive and progressive learning environment.
- Demonstrate independence in clinical decision making, acting as a source of advice for the team.
Why work for us?
We are looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people with vision and ambition. In return, Bupa Cromwell Hospital offers its employees an environment where we embrace employee engagement, performance excellence, development and diversity, helping our people to realise their potential.
- We'll help balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees).
- We believe in our business and the difference it can make, offering you free private medical insurance and subsidised rates for you to cover your immediate family.
- We also offer you discounts for treatment at the hospital for you and your immediate family if you're not covered by medical insurance.
- We offer peace of mind with free life assurance of three times your base pay.
- We support you in planning for your future with our occupational pension scheme.
- All employees benefit from a specialist online discount website covering your everyday shopping, entertainment, eating out and insurance cover.
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, dental centres, hospitals, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com