Specialist Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Coombe Wing has a vacancy for a Specialist Nurse (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Nursing department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing.
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards.
- Basic workload / shift management skills.
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent).
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Awareness of NMC Standards for specialist education and practice.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisation and multitasking skills required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- Understanding on workload and shift management.
- Patient and caring approach to customer care.
Duties of this role include:
- To plan the specialist service for both inpatients and outpatients. Promoting and maintaining high professional standard of nursing; meeting the needs of patients in all aspects. To take the lead across specialist services in agreement with Executive Directors and Directors of Clinical services on initiatives to develop and modernise effective patient centred pathways from diagnosis to discharge.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- To provide a high profile commitment to professional development, teaching and education for all levels of nursing staff in the hospitals.
- Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.