BMI Three Shires Hospital in Northampton is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff in the Oupatients Department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Shifts will cover Monday to Friday 8am-9pm and Saturday 8.30am-1pm.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Care Certificate.
- NVQ Level 1 and/or be willing to work towards NVQ Level 2 (Healthcare specific) or equivalent.
- Willing to work towards NVQ Level 3 (Healthcare specific) or equivalent.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Previous experience in a Healthcare Assistant role.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector desirable
- Previous experience in a Healthcare Assistant role desirable.
Duties of this role include:
- To work as an integral part of the nursing and Multi-disciplinary team, providing a high standard of patient centred care, meeting the needs of patients, consultants and colleagues. Working within the multi-disciplinary team to deliver care, maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users under the supervision of a Registered Practitioner.
- Deliver a high standard of care in accordance with BMI policies and procedures.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the HCA standard framework, understanding the standards in accordance with the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Demonstrate competence in the role of Healthcare Assistant within the scope of your working areas.
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Work alongside multi-disciplinary team to provide safe and high quality care provision for patients.
- Support colleagues and senior staff to help promote good team morale, leading my example with one’s own professional behaviour.
- Communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with the multi-disciplinary team, patients and their family, visitors and carers.
- Respond appropriately to queries, take phone messages and pass on written and verbal information to patients where appropriate.
- Be aware of the importance of accurate documentation and contribute to reports of patients acuity and progress, ensuring entries into the patient records is countersigned by a Registered Practitioner.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.