BMI Bath Clinic in Bath is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Shifts will cover 5 days in 7.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Mentorship qualification
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
- Previous experience working within an acute healthcare environment.
- Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification desirable
- ALS Previous qualification in healthcare desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To deliver safe quality care for patients during their perioperative phase of care. To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care.
- Contribute to quality improvement.
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
- Apply and promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Maintain knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act. Ensuring appropriate measures are taken in respect of Health and Safety for patients, relatives, visitors, hospital staff and contractors.
- Achieve agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments, and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list, ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure.
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
- Monitor the patient’s condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.