Critical Care Clinical Lead
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Clinical Lead to join their team of staff within the Critical Care Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered Nurse
- Approved Adult Critical Care Course
- ALS Provider certificate
- Evidence of recent professional development
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Nursing degree
- Senior experience in a critical care setting
- Diplomatic and skilled in dealing with consultants, colleagues to achieve objectives-Essential
- Education-Experience in education/teaching both staff/students in a clinical area-Essential and a higher education institute-Desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To assist the manager in taking responsibility for managing ITU, promoting an excellent service to patients and consultants in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- To provide leadership for all grades of ITU staff both in a clinical and non-clinical role.
- Provision of care for patients and support to patients’ relatives and staff members.
- Provision of clinical advice to staff on the unit and in the wards.
- Compilation, collation and presentation of data to senior management and the unit team.
- Teach and assess staff on clinical competencies, procedures and management issues.
- Act as education lead for critical care within the hospital.
- Ensure the most effective use of resources within a defined budget
- Maintaining effective channels of communication between consultants regarding patient status.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.