BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Cavell Hospital in Enfield has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Pre-Assessment Department on a full-time basis.
This post is full-time for 37.5 hours per week.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Current first level Registered Nurse with NMC
- Evidence of recent professional development
- Good post registration relevant experience within an elective surgical setting
- Experience in PAC setting desirable but not essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Willingness to extend clinical knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of physiological systems and disease processes
- Broad range of knowledge relating to different elective surgical procedures and the associated risks and benefits of surgery
- IT Skills
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Good organisational skills
Duties of this role include:
- To undertake pre-operative assessment of patients, ordering and performing diagnostic tests within set protocols, identifying abnormalities and referring to the appropriate members of the surgical or anaesthetic team as required.
- To liaise closely with patients, ward, theatre, Resident Medical Officer, Consultants and Anesthetists to review if patients are suitable for surgery at the Ridgeway Hospital. To arrange referral to another Consultant other than admitting Consultant or General Practitioner as appropriate.
- To provide patient advice and education relating to their procedure, hospital stay and expected recovery time.
- To begin the discharge assessment process, assessing the patients social, psychological and clinical needs on discharge and refer to relevant support agencies pre-operatively as necessary.
- To maintain accurate, comprehensive and legible records of patient care relating to pre-operative assessment.
- To communicate with other departments as appropriate, with information on high risk patients or any special needs of patient e.g. drugs or equipment.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.