Specialist Nurse - Bariatric
BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital in Orpington is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Specialist Nurse - Bariatric to join their team of staff in the Bariatric department. The successful candidate will join a well established surgical / HDU / Bariatric Team to maintain the first class service currently delivered.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RN Adult
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Mandatory training
- Surgical nursing experience
- Bariatric knowledge
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to communicate verbally and in a written format
- Ability to demonstrate accurate assessment skills
- Ability to work independently off own initiative
- ILS Certificate
- ALS Certificate desirable
Duties of this role include:
- The Bariatric Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for providing high quality, cost effective clinical care for a caseload of patients who will have undergone bariatric surgery
- Promote safe and effective practice within their place of work
- Maintain professional standards whilst working within the code of practice.
- Ensure that standards of care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the nursing team.
- To demonstrate excellent communication skills with patients and other health care professionals
- To keep clear and accurate care records including the management of sensitive and confidential information
- Discuss, produce and update individuals care plans with the surgical team
- Understand the long term physical, psychological and social impact that weight loss surgery may have on an individual patient
- Ability to enable patients during their education and training to reach their full potential following surgery
- Escalate to the Consultant Surgeon any changes in an individual’s health and wellbeing or information that requires reporting
- Maintain confidentiality in line with Data Protection legislation, knowing what information can be disclosed and the process for ensuring this meets the Clinical Governance and Information Governance needs
- Be involved in the continuous audit of working practices
- Attend teaching opportunities that will assist in ensuring knowledge to enhance patient compliance pre and post operatively
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.