Registered Nurse - Oncology
BMI Saxon Clinic in Milton Keynes is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse - Oncology to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
This is a part time role for 30 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse, Level 1
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Evidence of professional development within scope of PREPP
- Chemotherapy Care
- Degree level qualifications or evidence of working toward this level.
- Valid NMC registration
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Counselling skills
- Venepuncture skills
Duties of this role include:
- To act as a member of a multi-professional care team providing skilled care and expert advice to cancer patients and their families, friends and carers.
- To regularly administer systemic anti-cancer therapy (SACT) treatments and to demonstrate expert knowledge and nursing skills in the management of the patients.
- To be involved in the development of services which are patient focused with emphasis on informed choice, decision making and evidence based best practice and care.
- To take part in on-call rota offering support for patients
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.