Clinical Services Manager - Inpatients
BMI Saxon Clinic in Milton Keynes is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager – Inpatients to join their team of staff.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered General Nurse with NMC registration
- ENB 998
- Acute surgical knowledge
- Ability to demonstrate clinical credibility within the ward team
- People management skills
- Experience in an acute setting
- Organisational and planning skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Numerical and verbal literacy skills
- Basic financial awareness
- Awareness of NMC Code of Conduct/accountability
Duties of this role include:
- To provide leadership and motivation to ensure that the highest standard of care is provided within the ward setting
- To assist the Director of Clinical Services in establishing professional and clinical standards of excellence on the ward and to evaluate service delivery against those standards
- To assist the Director of Clinical Services in budget setting by providing requested information on staffing levels, skill mix, equipment and training needs for the ward
- Monitor and assist in the delivery of patient care.
- Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply and ensure others apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs
- Undertake departmental HR activities
- Develop and support business initiatives, polices and strategies which improve the service delivered to all our customers.
- Responsible for locally leading and implementing the decontamination programme
- Establish, maintain and encourage communication covering complex and challenging topics with various groups
- Delegate appropriate activities to other staff
- Achievement of the ward budget and specific Key Performance Indicators.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.