- Job Type
- Registered on the correct part of the NMC register for the assignment.
- Practice within the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Practice within clinical competencies.
- Maintain knowledge of changes in practice.
- Awareness of CPD requirements.
- 6 months clinical experience in area of assignment.
- Current Moving and Handling and Basic Life support skills.
- Self motivated
- Must be able/willing to drive
- Possess effective organisational and time management skills.
- Have flexibility with shift patterns.
- A qualified driver with use of a car preferred.
Clinical duties and Principal Responsibilities:
- To respond appropriately to the Service Users needs with empathy ensuring privacy, dignity and confidentiality at all times.
- Assist in the maintenance of environment cleanliness with consideration to current Health and Safety policies.
- To assist service user with mobility whilst promoting a safe environment for the service user and carer using aids as appropriate and promoting independence of service user.
- To be able to work as part of a team with the ability to use own initiative and make decisions based on knowledge and skills.
- Maintain good communication skills both written and verbal with service user and other members of the team.
- Reporting changes in wellbeing /condition to appropriate staff quickly and effectively
- Ensure good, sound clinical skills and safe practice at all times.
- Ensure all written documentation is legible and accurate.
- Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care programmes.
- Competent in the administration of medication orally, IV and by use of Syringe pumps.
- Respond in an appropriate manner to emergency situations.
- Perform Basic Life Support when required.
- Assist in the care of the dying and undertake last-office procedures and provide support for the family and/or friends when required.
- To comply with the Agencies guidelines and policies (as stated in handbook) at all times.
- To perform such other duties as directed by the manager.
Agency duties and responsibilities:
- All duties must be performed in a professional manner.
- All nurses are required to carry out all responsibilities with regard to the agency’s Equal Opportunities policy. Thornbury Nursing Services does not tolerate discrimination on the grounds of sex, marital status, race, ethnic origins, disability, age, class or religious beliefs.
- All nurses are required to respect the confidentiality of all matters they may learn in the course of their work.
- All nurses must ensure they are aware of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- All nurses are expected to respect the requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- All nurses must respect the diversity of the service user and colleagues.
This job description is not exhaustive and maybe subject to change as the role evolves.
If you would like to work with a long established and highly regarded agency, please visit www.scottish-nursing-guild.com and click ‘APPLY TO REGISTER’ to apply online.
Apply for Medical Nurses
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly