Senior Registered Nurse - Wards
BMI Hampshire Clinic in Basingstoke Hampshire is part of BMI Healthcare, the UKs largest provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals and clinics performing more complex surgery than any other independent healthcare provider in the country.
The Hampshire Clinic is registered for 65 beds which includes a dedicated orthopaedic ward, in which patients following all joint replacements and spinal surgery receive nursing care; a busy day case ward covering all specialities including chemotherapy cancer services from a dedicated team of nurses and a surgical in –patient ward where patients undergoing a wide range of surgical procedures receive treatment and care.
This provides an outstanding opportunity for nurses to develop the knowledge and skills to care for such patients that cannot generally be facilitated elsewhere.
We also have a very busy out-patient department, seeing in excess of 50,000 patient s per year and the nurse led treatment room provides the nursing intervention required for out-patient attenders.
All new starters are provided with a comprehensive induction programme over a 2 week period, an extensive mandatory training programme delivered on site and for newly qualified nurses a robust preceptorship programme underpinned by attendance on a clinical development course.
For more experienced nurses we are very willing to support the completion of mentorship training and ALS and EPLS provider training, together with support for practitioners to be ready to revalidate with the NMC.
We are seeking both experienced and newly qualified nurses to join our team on a permanent or bank contract and we pride ourselves on the comprehensive induction and development opportunities that we will offer all new team members.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. This role is an internal rotation from days to nights on the orthopaedic and surgical wards with an interesting and challenging variety of patient care to deliver with huge learning and professional development opportunities
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse (Adult)
- Mentorship qualification desirable - training may be offered for suitable candidates.
- Experience in clinical and nursing management of the adult patient undergoing surgical procedures or requiring medical intervention
- Understanding of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Good communication and organisational skills
Duties of this role include:
- To manage a ward in order to provide high quality, efficient and effective nursing intervention for patients and a safe and positive learning experience for colleagues
- To manage all aspects of the ward activities to ensure a safe and positive learning environment for all members of hospital staff within the area.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from the Senior Nurses or the Director of Nursing.
- To be part of a dedicated team of nurses with the knowledge, skills and ability to care for patients in the orthopaedic and surgical wards of The Hampshire Clinic.
- To provide a team of nurses with leadership and support on a shift by shift basis.
- To formally deputise for the ward sister/charge nurse absence as required.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.