Specialist Nurse - Breast Care
BMI Priory Hospital, Birmingham is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Specialist Nurse – Breast Care to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RN - Level 1 or 2
- ENB 998 or equivalent essential
- Evidence of professional development
- Experience in managing breast disease/oncology
- Breast Care course A11 desirable
- Current nursing issues
- Motivation skills
- Clinical experience relevant to the Hospital.
- Previous experience within private sector desirable.
- Managing resources.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide all relevant care, surgical and/or oncology, to patients diagnosed with breast disease/cancer during their pathway
- Provide all relevant care, to include psychological/emotional care, during the patient journey which will include initial assessment; diagnosis; post-surgical care; on-going treatments and prognosis.
- Involvement in providing support for all Oncology patients and their families throughout diagnosis, treatment, symptom control, palliative care and terminal stages.
- Assist consultant surgeon during clinics and management of patients accordingly.
- Assist consultant oncologist during their clinics and management of patients during treatment.
- Provide verbal and written information to the patient regarding their treatment and diagnosis in order to explain and help patients understand their diagnosis, investigations and results.
- Perform a holistic-needs assessment to ensure that health; social and emotional needs are addressed prior to patients commencing a course of treatment.
- Liaise with oncology to arrange, as appropriate, the insertion of venous access devices and then to ensure that on-going care or removal of such lines is arranged accordingly.
- Ensure all pre-chemotherapy tests are performed e.g. bloods, ECG, Echocardiogram, EDTA.
- Ensure patient has a completed consent form for their treatment.
- Communicate and fax treatment plan to insurance companies via Business Office to get pre-authorisation for treatment.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.