Sister / Charge Nurse - Critical Care
BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Sister / Charge Nurse to join their team of staff in the Critical Care department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Shifts will be on rotation.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Experienced in acute nursing care.
- A must- ENB 100 or other alternative critical care course.
- At least 5 years experience within critical care.
- Mentorship course
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Experience working in an acute healthcare sector in a Senior Registered Nurse post or equivalent.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
Previous experience within a Ward Managerial role desirable.
Duties of this role include:
- Responsible for day to day management of the Hospital Ward, and its staff. Providing clinical leadership in an effective and efficient management of ward resources, driving clinical excellence in all aspect of care received by patients. Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users. Responsible for leading and supporting the nursing team to meet all aspects of the clinical governance agenda.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the NMC Code of professional Conduct.
- Maintenance of professional, cost-effective nursing service including financial management and business planning.
- Achievement of labour management target, nursing costs KPI and weekly completion of staff utilisation spreadsheets.
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- To ensure the correct provision of individualised patient care is met.
- To deal with any verbal or written complaints in a timely manner, taking action as required addressing any deficiencies highlighted.
- Effective interaction with consultants, patients and relatives in a sensitively manner.
- To ensure within the ward area that staff identify, plan, implement and evaluate the care/service.
- Manage duty rota/annual leave and study leave to ensure that at all times there is adequate nursing cover and appropriate skill mix.
- Establish excellent standards of individual patient care.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.