Registered Nurse (Bank)
1 day left
- Job Type
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Sloane Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff on a Bank basis to cover nightshifts.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered practitioner with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Proven experience within a medical, surgical, or outpatient environment (or similar) in the UK as a qualified practitioner
- Preferred: ENB 998 (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional attitude and caring disposition
Duties of this role include:
- Be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care for your assigned caseload of patients.
- Accept responsibility and be professionally accountable for co-ordinating total nursing care for your assigned caseload of patients.
- Effectively provide care according to consultant’s orders and prescriptions in line with the hospital’s policies and procedures.
- Always practice within the limitations of your competence, knowledge and NMC Code and immediately report to the shift leader where these may affect your ability to provide the care required.
- Ensure the storage and administrations of medications are conducted with adherence to corporate policies and NMC Standards for Medicines Management.
- Effectively communicate relevant changes in your patient’s condition to the shift leader.
- Maintain legible, accurate and complete patient records of your nursing care to agreed NMC standards and guidelines.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.