Registered Nurse - Oncology (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Priory Hospital has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse – Oncology (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- NMC Registered Nurse - Adult
- Chemotherapy administration qualification
- Mentorship qualification desirable
- Currently updated PREP profile
- Understanding of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of quality assurance tools.
Duties of this role include:
- To be part of a dedicated team of nurses with the knowledge, skills and ability to care for patients in the oncology setting of Priory Hospital.
- To assess patients suitability for treatment.
- To administer chemotherapy medications as prescribed by a Consultant Oncologist and monitor and report the effects on the patient.
- Accountable for ensuring that you provide the highest standard of service to all clients and staff who use the hospital
- Co-ordinate, plan, implement and evaluate the care of individual patients.
- To work in close liaison with multi-disciplinary teams and act as a resource in chemotherapy both within the Hospital and also to patients and families.
- To act as the patients advocate, communicate effectively with patients and families to assess needs and provide support, information, education, advice and counselling when necessary and under the guidance of the Oncologist.
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and as a skilled practitioner.
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- Provide support and guidance for junior and unqualified members of staff.
- Participate in the setting and maintenance of Clinical Standards and Clinical Audit
- Assist in other areas of the service as required.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.