Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
BMI Chaucer Hospital in Canterbury is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner - Scrub to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse/RODP 6/12 post registration experience
- Theatre experience in all three disciplines
- Teaching/assessing qualifications
Duties of this role include:
- Participate in Scrub Practitioner and Circulating Practitioner role
- Clinical output within the perioperative environment and Endoscopy Department.
- Provision of support and assistance to the Theatre Manager, Recovery Lead and Endoscopy Lead Practitioners.
- To maintain professional standards in keeping with appropriate code of conduct.
- Maintain stock control.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in good working order.
- To act as a clinical resource maintaining one’s knowledge of both clinical and professional developments.
- To follow scrub operational policies in keeping with legislation and the activities of the department.
- Participate in audit.
- Maintain and develop own knowledge base and skills set.
- Act as Scrubbed Practitioner for all specialties
- Act as Circulating Practitioner for all specialties
- Act as Surgical First Assistant (with appropriate level of certification/competence)
- Participate in on call rota
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.