Sister / Charge Nurse
BMI Hendon Hospital is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Sister/Charge Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RGN (Level 1)
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills combined with proven clinical ability to lead a nursing team.
- Excellent computer skills, with working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Post qualification experience
- Preferred: Teaching and assessment qualification (ENB 998/730)/mentor qualification
- Preferred: Postgraduate training and a qualification in an area of specialist responsibility
- Preferred: Staff management experience
- Desirable: Experience within the independent healthcare sector
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure the seamless provision of a high quality nursing care for the ward and Ambulatory Care Unit (ACU) with responsibility for standards of patient care through effective leadership.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external policies and regulations.
- To assist the Clinical Services Manager (Inpatients), motivate and manage a team of nurses, ensuring that clinical practice is patient centred, dynamic and research based in accordance with the NMC Scope of Professional Practice.
- To allocate ward staff using both clinical judgement and the Trendcare to determine appropriate skill mix levels of care on a daily basis.
- Coordinate activities in relation to the Ward / ACU to provide high quality clinical care and comfort for patients.
- Compliance with established work standards, nursing policies and procedures and development/maintenance of new standards, policies and procedures.
- Involvement in recruitment of ward staff.
- Plan staff appraisal programmes in conjunction with the Clinical Services Manager (Inpatients), and ensures appraisals are carried out in line with hospital objectives.
- Act as a recognised resource for clinical issues to the nursing team.
- Encourage evidence led and research based practice through clinical supervision.
- Monitor all entries to nursing documents to ensure accurate completion and provide training where required.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.