Healthcare Assistant (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Bishops Wood Hospital has a vacancy for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff in the Wards.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of working within a clinical/care environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good general education, literature and numeracy
- Previous experience of working within an acute/hospital clinical environment
- Health /care related qualification or completed programme of study
Duties of this role include:
- To undertake a range of duties in support, and under supervision of, Registered Healthcare Professionals
- To contribute to effective working relationships with colleagues, patients and visitors
- To contribute to high standards of clinical practice and care being delivered to patients within the hospital
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Undertake tasks within own sphere of competence/training as delegated by Registered Nurses
- Develop and enhance own skills and knowledge
- Adhere to best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Provide care to a group of patients as allocated by the nurse-in-charge on a day to day basis
- Provision of care to a group of patients to be under supervision of a Registered Nurse and involves undertaking tasks delegated by a Registered Nurse
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.