Theatre Practitioner (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s St Edmunds Hospital has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support and lead a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- Evidence of working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1 (desirable)
- Management qualification (desirable)
- ILS (desirable)
- ALS (desirable)
- External Advanced Scrub Practitioner Qualification (desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- To support, coordinate and actively assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while managing a delegated team.
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Participate in HR activities
- Assist in the enhancement, development, introduction of services and initiatives
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.