Registered Nurse (Bank)
2 days left
- Job Type
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Shelburne Hospital has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Wards Department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse (Level 1)
- Valid NMC Registration
- Previous ward experience, preferably with general surgical experience
- Ability to work flexible hours in accordance with the needs of the business
- Evidence of professional development within the scope of PREP
- To be able to work across either sites of the cluster if the need arises
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Numerical literacy skills
- Basic IT skills
Duties of this role include:
- To provide and maintain a consistently high standard of nursing care acting as a role model for other members of staff.
- To be aware of and abide by NMC Directives, hospital and local policies and procedures.
- To assist in developing and monitoring clinical practice
- Create, maintain and enhance effective working relationships
- Communicate clearly
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Assist in maintaining a learning and supportive environment
- Assist in promoting good practice
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team ensuring effective liaison with all members
- Ensure patient care is enhanced with the use of information technology
- To work within and to participate in the maintenance of quality systems as appropriate
- To co-operate in implementing the requirements of all Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, Related Codes of Practice and Safety instructions.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.